Trespasser turns out to be a woman

Trespasser turns out to be a woman

MALACCA - In a shocking twist to the latest case of bedroom intrusions in Malacca, the trespasser turned out to be a woman.

The weekend attack came while the police were still investigating three earlier cases of young women being sexually assaulted in their rooms, including the brutal stabbing of student Siti Irina Ridzwan on Sept 10.

In the latest incident, a 20-year-old hotel worker from Jalan Surau in Kandang here alleged an intruder had gained entry into her bedroom, probably through an open window of her house, at around 9.30pm on Saturday.

She said she was about to go to sleep when the intruder suddenly emerged and hugged her from behind and caressed her.

The victim, from Kedah, said she tried hard to ward off the intruder but was overpowered.

She alleged the aggressive intru­der tore off her night garment and tried to outrage her modesty.

During the scuffle she was shocked to see the attacker was a female colleague, said police sources.

Upon being recognised, the intru­der dashed out from the room and fled from the house.

The victim lodged a police report of the incident at the Banda Hilir police station at 1.30pm on Sunday.

The case surfaced as Malacca police were concluding their investigations into three other criminal intrusions, including the case of Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) student Siti Irina, who was stabbed five times by her attacker in her rented apartment in Lendu, Alor Gajah. A suspect was detained on Sept 11.

On the same day, hotel staff member Zaini Mohd Razali, 20, was almost raped by a man who entered her hostel in Jalan Tun Perak here.

The intruder threatened to rape and rob her but she said she was menstruating at that time, forcing the trespasser to change his mind.

An 18-year-old student from Rompin, Negri Sembilan, claimed an intruder sexually assaulted her after gaining entry into her hotel room in Kuala Sungai Baru, Alor Gajah, at around 11pm on Sept 14.

State deputy CID chief Supt P.R. Gunarajan said yesterday the police had completed their investigations into the earlier intrusions and had referred the cases to the deputy public prosecutor.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.



Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.