Malaysia Airlines (MAS) has squelched rumours claiming that it will shut down its operations on May 28.
Maintaining that business would carry on as usual, MAS chief executive officer Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said articles written based on quotes from unofficial sources were causing anxiety among its passengers.
"In spite of that, we remain committed with greater marketing push," he said, adding that the current Malaysia Airlines Travel Fair allowed travellers to purchase their tickets at half price until December.
"Passengers need not worry."
The financially ailing airline, which held an enviable record of good aviation practices, has suffered waves of bad publicity following the disappearance of Flight MH370.
Shares of MAS continued to slip following the incident.
Yesterday, MAS' share price slipped to an intra-day low of 17 sen, with 109.1 million shares traded.
For the first quarter ended March 31, the airline posted net loss of 444 million ringgit (S$173 million), plunging 72 per cent from the preceding quarter and 28 per cent year-on-year.
Revenue came in at 3.53 billion ringgit, up 4.2 per cent from 3.39 billion ringgit last year.