PETALING JAYA - 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) has welcomed confirmation that no funds from the company were transferred into Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak's personal account.
"1MDB welcomes the clear statement from the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC), which confirms that no funds from 1MDB were transferred to the Prime Minister," said 1MDB president and executive director Arul Kanda Kandasamy.
He said the company had always maintained that it never provided any funds to the Prime Minister and was confident that the "truth will prevail".
"To continue to suggest otherwise, as PKR secretary-general Rafizi Ramli did in his blog yesterday, is highly irresponsible and a deliberate attempt to undermine the company," said Arul in a statement yesterday.
He added that 1MDB had "fully disclosed" what the company's RM42bil (S$15 billion) debt had been used for in a summary published on June 3.
Arul said such information could be found in 1MDB's audited and publicly available accounts from March 31, 2010, to March 31, 2014.
MACC released a statement on Monday saying that the RM2.6bil allegedly deposited into Najib's personal account came from donors and not from 1MDB.