PETALING JAYA - It has been almost four months since Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 went missing but Malaysia and its partners will never stop searching for the aircraft, vowed Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein.
The Defence Minister said Malaysia was fortunate that 26 nations, especially its tripartite partners - Australia and China - had been going all out in the unprecedented search.
"This is truly an international effort and the search is a powerful example of international co-operation.
"A total of 121 days have passed but our resolve to find the plane has never been stronger," he said in a statement yesterday.
He said the Asset Deployment Committee had met to finalise details of the contracted assets to be deployed with the Malaysian Government furnished equipment for the bathymetric survey and sub-surface search.
"Bunga Mas 6 (BM6) has been actively present in the search area ever since the surface search was carried out.
"The Royal Malaysian Navy auxiliary vessel, deployed since April 20, will remain in the search area in the coming phase to assist in the search for MH370," he said, adding that BM6 was currently assisting with logistical support and data transfer for the vessels within the search area.
Hishammuddin said another Royal Malaysian Navy vessel - the KD Mutiara - which is equipped with a multi beam echo sounder, would also join the search efforts to help in the bathymetric survey process.
The ship would set sail on Aug 4.
"Petronas, together with Deftech and Phoenix International, will deploy a Prosas Side Scan Sonar (Towed Synthetic Aperture Sonar) mounted on a mother vessel.
"Boustead Heavy Industries, together with iXBlue Australia, will deploy a deep towed side scan sonar with a Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) mounted on the mother vessel," he said.
He said the instructions for mobilisation had already been given and the assets were expected to reach the search area in mid-August.