GE2015: SPP's Jeannette Chong-Aruldoss launches manifesto for Mountbatten

GE2015: SPP's Jeannette Chong-Aruldoss launches manifesto for Mountbatten
PHOTO: The Straits Times, Facebook/JeannetteForMountbatten

Singapore People's Party (SPP) candidate Jeannette Chong-Aruldoss on Monday launched a manifesto for the Mountbatten ward.

The 52-year-old lawyer has plans to contest in the Single Member Constituency (SMC) for the coming General Election.

During the launch held at Kampong Arang amphitheatre, she said: "You will be assured that I will not oppose for the sake of opposing. Where policies are good for Singapore, I will give my full support."

Mrs Chong-Aruldoss also revealed plans of raising funds to help young people in the ward further their studies:

"I aim to raise a target of $100,000 from the constituency to help 100 young Singaporeans - Mountbatten residents - to make the transition between ITE to polytechnic, or from polytechnic to university."

In addition, she addressed the issue of Dakota Crescent flats making way for Mountbatten's estate renewal plans next year:

"The incumbent (Mountbatten MP) says that those interested in the heritage of Dakota Crescent are not themselves residents. From my conversations with Mountbatten residents, I have a very different picture."

Mrs Chong-Aruldoss was the secretary-general of National Solidarity Party (NSP) previously. She was voted out of the party in January this year, and subsequently joined the SPP in March.

 

Yay! Toughest part of the day over, launched My Mountbatten Manifesto in the Kampong Arang amphitheater. Although the...

Posted by Jeannette For Mountbatten on Monday, August 31, 2015

minlee@sph.com.sg

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDED CONTENT

SPONSORED CONTENT

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.