SINGAPORE - Sphere Conferences, the conference arm of Singapore Press Holdings Limited (SPH), will be hosting the 2nd Annual Myanmar Civil Aviation Development Conference (MCADC), at Sedona Hotel in Yangon, from March 24 to 26.
It is the only official event supported by the Ministry of Transport, Myanmar as the patron, and the Department of Civil Aviation, Myanmar as the official host.
The three-day event will bring together over 300 senior airport operators and airline executives from across 20 countries to discuss opportunities and formulate best strategies for accelerating Myanmar's aviation sector.
This year's conference features a lineup of notable speakers, including:
- H.E. U Nyan Htun Aung, Union Minister, Ministry of Transport, Myanmar
- U Win Swe Tun, Director General, Department of Civil Aviation, Myanmar
- U Min Lwin, Deputy Director General, Department of Civil Aviation, Myanmar
- Lt. Gen. William Hotchkiss lll, Director General, Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines
- Vo Huy Cuong, Deputy Director General, Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam
- H.E. Mao Havanall, Secretary of State, State Secretariat of Civil Aviation, Cambodia
- U Than Tun, Managing Director, Myanmar National Airlines
- U Kyaw Myo, CEO, Mann Yadanarpon Airlines
- Selva Kumar, COO, APEX Airlines
- Daw Sao Thanda Noi, Deputy Managing Director, Air Bagan
- Bruce Nobles, CEO, FMI Air
- Sulaiman Zainul Abidin, COO, Yangon Aerodrome Company Limited
- Hiroaki Saito, Mitsubishi-JALUX Airport Services, Myanmar
- Emmanuel Menanteau, CEO, Cambodia Airports
- Tan Sri Dr. Tony Fernandes, Group CEO, AirAsia, Malaysia
- Barathan Pasupathi, CEO, Jetstar Asia Aiways, Singapore
- Patee Sarasin, CEO, Nok Air, Thailand
The conference is formally opened by H.E U Nyan Htun Aung, Union Minister of Transport, Myanmar. One of the key highlights of MCADC 2015 is the keynote plenary session where the Union Minister and U Win Swe Tun, Director General of the Department of Civil Aviation, Myanmar, share their visions about the opportunities for Myanmar's aviation sector with the implementation of ASEAN open skies policy.
MCADC 2015 covers key topics like aviation safety, domestic and international network expansion, digital engagement in airport and aircraft and growth of MRO. A new addition to the event this year is a Director General keynote panel which aims to discuss the evolving role of civil aviation regulators in creating sustainable growth for the ASEAN open skies.
U Win Swe Tun said: "We are happy to once again host MCADC 2015. 2015 is definitely a significant year for the aviation sector in Myanmar with the implementation of ASEAN open skies policy. It will definitely start a new page in the history of civil aviation not only in Myanmar but also the entire ASEAN region. We are pleased with the new refreshed format of MCADC 2015. This remains the country's only key aviation conference that convenes various local and international movers and shakers."
Mr Chua Wee Phong, Chairman of Sphere Conferences, said: "2015 will be a significant year for the ASEAN aviation industry as ASEAN pushes ahead with plans to establish a single aviation market or "Open Skies", allowing its member airlines unfettered access to one another's markets. "The integration of the aviation sector in ASEAN promotes growth and creates opportunities for the industry. MCADC has become the platform where the region's key stakeholders converge to continue the dialogue, pool perspectives and obtain unparalleled access to Myanmar's aviation stakeholders."
For more information about the event, visit the website: www.mcadc.sphereconferences.com