- Never take shortcuts through dark, deserted places. Keep to well-lit areas with people and traffic.
- Pack your belongings in inconspicuous bags. Expensive bags can draw unnecessary attention.
- Clean out your wallet or purse before you go. Take only essential credit cards. Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- Don't display expensive jewellery, cameras and other items that might draw attention.
- Don't be distracted by strangers creating a commotion or accidentally spilling something onto you.
- Carry your purse close to your body. Carry your wallet in your front pocket.
- Park your vehicle in well-lit areas and in parking spaces where there is security.
- Use additional security equipment such as steering wheel locks, clutch and brake locks, disc locks, gear locks and audible alarm systems to Secure your vehicle. Johor police hotline: 07-221-2999
Get The New Paper for more stories.