SINGAPORE - Closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras will be installed at 10 more locations from July 15 to deter illegal parking, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said in a statement today.
They will be located on:
1. Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 (beside Ang Mo Kio MRT station)
2. Boon Lay Way (beside Lakeside MRT station)
3. New Upper Changi Road (beside Bedok MRT station)
4. Pasir Panjang Road (between AVA's Centre for Animal Welfare and Control and shophouses, before Currency House)
5. Woodlands Road (beside Kranji MRT station, both directions)
6. Collyer Quay (both directions)
7. Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4 (beside Choa Chu Kang MRT station)
8. Choa Chu Kang Loop (outside CCK Bus Interchange)
9. Jalan Sultan (beside Textile Centre)
10. Tampines Central 1 (beside Tampines MRT station)
There are currently 10 spots with the Parking Enforcement Cameras. The LTA will embark on another installation phase in the fourth quarter of 2014 to bring the number of spots to 30 by October.
The LTA said that the locations are selected based on the following considerations:
- A high incidence of illegal parking, typically daily and throughout the day.
- Illegal parking impedes the smooth flow of public buses, particularly where the roads serve a high number of public bus services.
- Illegal parking raises safety concerns for pedestrians and road users and/or lead to chronic traffic congestions.
- High concentration of pedestrian activities such as in the CBD, and/or proximity to popular malls, amenities and eateries.
The CCTVs monitor parking offences 24 hours daily. Available lamp posts or sign posts within the CCTV monitoring zone will also be painted with a vertical strip in bright orange for easy identification.