Chope, Asia's premier online restaurant reservations provider, is proud to be an Official Partner of the Sweet Charity Month.
Chope allows diners to make reservations in over 250 restaurants in Hong Kong and Singapore via their websites and mobile apps. They recently received a $3.2 million investment from three parties, including SPH Interactive, a wholly owned subsidiary of Singapore Press Holdings.
Into its third year, this year's Sweet Charity Month has a total of nine restaurants supporting its noble mission. From 1 to 31 October, the participating restaurants will donate a percentage of their dessert sales to the NUHkids Fund, part of the NUHS Fund Limited, which provides financial assistance for medical treatment and surgery to needy kids and youth of National University Hospital (NUH).
The nine participating restaurants are Bar Stories, Chopsuey Cafe, Extra Virgin Pizza, Olivia Cassivelaun Fancourt (OCF), OverEasy Bar & Diner, PS.Cafe, PS.Cafe Petit, Table Manners and The Crostini Bar.
Sweet Charity Month hopes to raise $100,000 for charity through the following ways:
- Opening Gala Night: Sweet Charity Month kicks off with a cocktail gala night on 1 October at Olivia Cassivelaun Fancourt (OCF). Local actress and comedian, Pam Oei, will be the host for the evening, and promises guests a night of fun and laughter. Selected signature desserts from all participating restaurants will be showcased.
- Donating a Dessert: For every signature dessert ordered to dine-in at participating restaurants, $5 of the proceeds will directly benefit NUHkids Fund.
- Toothsome Takeaways: 30% of proceeds from the takeaways of selected whole desserts will contribute directly to NUHkids Fund.
- Fundraising Dinner: A new addition this year, this inaugural formal dinner will be held on 31 October at OCF. Twelve year-old singing sensation Miguel Antonio and friends from the Timbre Group will serenade guests with a mix of familiar tunes and original songs.
- Spreading the Sweetness: The community is encouraged to spread the message of this sweet cause by sending postcards courtesy of ZoCard or take pictures with in-store collaterals at the participating restaurants and upload them on Facebook.
Mr Arrif Ziaudeen, founder and Chief Executive of Chope, said: "Chope has supported Sweet Charity Month since it first started. We believe that NUHkids Fund is doing a great job helping needy children and youths who need medical care, and is an excellent charity for us to support. As a socially responsible corporation, we at Chope hope to do what we can to encourage the community to join in and help the children."
Chope supports Sweet Charity Month by creating and managing its website as well as providing marketing support to it.
Besides Chope, other Official Partners of Sweet Charity Month include Beam, Effen Vodka, Hello Stranger, Timbre and ZoCard.