MILAN - Inter Milan edged closer to an expected takeover by Indonesian businessman Erick Thohir on Thursday when Massimo Moratti returned from talks in Paris admitting his time as president may soon be over.
Thohir has been linked with a takeover of the Italian giants since last season when Inter finished in a disappointing ninth place and failed to qualify for European competition.
Although Moratti and Thohir failed to reach agreement following meetings in May and June, the Italian returned from Paris Thursday evening indicating the pair had made significant progress.
Although telling domestic news agency ANSA, "we haven't really reached an agreement, not really," Moratti indicated that future roles of investors, as well as members of his family, had already been discussed.
"There are Indonesian investors ready to put money into the club. My family will remain in place, but there will be restructuring," he is quoted as saying on Gazzetta dello Sport.
When asked what stood in the way of the deal happening, he said: "Trying to decide and understand the right time to do it.
"There are hundreds of millions of euros at stake in the running of a club of Inter's standing. We'll see in another 30 days or so. The agreement will then possibly be reached, but we also said that three months ago.
"Both sides could still decide to pull out."