SINGAPORE - Sebastian Vettel took a huge step towards his fourth straight world title Sunday with a superlative victory in Singapore that left his rivals fighting for scraps.
From pole position, the young German pulled off a wire-to-wire victory ahead of Ferrari's Fernando Alonso with Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen braving back pain to finish third.
Vettel's third win in a row - and third in his last three visits to Singapore - gives him a 60-point lead over Alonso with six races to go.
Results from the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday:
1. Sebastian Vettel (GER/Red Bull-Renault), 61 laps (309.3 kilometres) in 1hr 59min 13.132sec (average speed: 155.671 km/h)
2. Fernando Alonso (ESP/Ferrari) at 32.627
3. Kimi Raikkonen (FIN/Lotus-Renault) at 43.920
4. Nico Rosberg (GER/Mercedes) at 51.155
5. Lewis Hamilton (GBR/Mercedes) at 53.159
6. Felipe Massa (BRA/Ferrari) at 1:03.877
7. Jenson Button (GBR/McLaren-Mercedes) at 1:23.354
8. Sergio Perez (MEX/McLaren-Mercedes) at 1:23.820
9. Nico Hulkenberg (GER/Sauber-Ferrari) at 1:24.261
10. Adrian Sutil (GER/Force India-Mercedes) at 1:24.668
11. Pastor Maldonado (VEN/Williams-Renault) at 1:28.479
12. Esteban Gutierrez (MEX/Sauber-Ferrari) at 1:37.894
13. Valtteri Bottas (FIN/Williams-Renault) at 1:45.161
14. Jean-Eric Vergne (FRA/Toro Rosso-Ferrari) at 1:53.512
15. Mark Webber (AUS/Red Bull-Renault) at 1 lap
16. Giedo van der Garde (NED/Caterham-Renault) at 1 lap
17. Max Chilton (GBR/Marussia-Cosworth) at 1 lap
18. Jules Bianchi (FRA/Marussia-Cosworth) at 1 lap
19. Charles Pic (FRA/Caterham-Renault) at 1 lap
20. Paul di Resta (GBR/Force India-Mercedes) at 7 laps