SINGAPORE - Reductions and rebates to aeronautical fees at Changi Airport will see benefits for selected airlines, travellers and ground handling agents.
Changi Airport Group (CAG) said in a media statement that the reductions will be seen in passenger service fees for transfer/transit passengers, landing fees for larger aircraft types, and franchise fees for flight catering and ground handling services.
Existing rebates on landing fees for long-haul flights, aircraft parking and aerobridge charges will also be extended, CAG added.
Mr Lee Seow Hiang, CEO of CAG, said the airport's success is "very much dependant on the contributions of our airport partners, including airlines and ground handlers".
"The range of measures we announce today is a demonstration of CAG's continued commitment and support to our partners, as we work with them to achieve success and growth of their operations at Changi Airport," he added.
CAG said they periodically reviews its aeronautical fees and cost support measures for airlines and airport partners. The fees and rebates may be adjusted as necessary according to prevailing market conditions and the airport's infrastructure requirements, added CAG.
Here is a summary of the reductions and rebates:
1. Passenger Service Charge for transfer and transit passengers will be reduced from $9 to $3 for travel from July 1 onwards.
2. The 50 per cent landing fee rebate for long haul flights, which due to expire on March 31, 2016, will be extended for another year till March 31, 2017.
3. Airlines will also enjoy a decrease in landing fees of up to 5 per cent for large aircraft weighing over 360,000kg, including the A380 and certain B747 aircraft types.
4. The ongoing 50 per cent parking fee rebate and 15 per cent aerobridge fee rebate will be extended from June 30, 2015 to to March 31, 2017.
5. To support the cargo sector, CAG said the existing 50 per cent landing fee rebate for scheduled freighter operations has been extended to Sep 30, 2015. Following which, the rebate will be adjusted to 30 per cent and apply until March 31, 2016.
6. Incentives for cargo agents leasing CAG's cargo facilities at the Changi Airfreight Centre have also been extended to March 31, 2016.
7. There will be a 20 per cent rebate on both flight catering and ground handling franchise fees from May 1, 2015 to March 31, 2017.