If you're feeling royal perhaps some of these properties might fit in with your mood.
What must it be like to actually live in a palace or an abode of an aristocrat? Unless you're of royal or aristocratic blood or have close connections to either of those, it's highly unlikely you would have had that privilege.
In some countries, some royals or aristocrats have been disposed for various reasons or have fallen upon hard times. Their domiciles have either been taken away from them or they have had to sell or rent them out.
Some of these properties have been converted into hotels - not your common everyday hotel of course. They still retain their splendour and TripAdvisor has compiled a list of 10 of those:
1. Taj Falaknuma Palace - Hyderabad, India
2. Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg - Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
3. Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul - Istanbul, Turkey
4. Palazzo Magnani Feroni - Florence, Italy
5. Hotel de Crillon - Paris, France
6. Taleon Imperial Hotel - St Petersburg, Russia
7. The Oberoi Rajvilas - Jaipur, India
8. The Gritti Palace - Venice, Italy
9. The Xara Palace Relais & Chateaux - Mdina, Malta
10. Palais Coburg Hotel Residenz - Vienna, Austria