Gili Trawangan offers the best value of all Southeast Asian island getaways, according to a cost comparison report released last week by TripAdvisor.
The results are taken from the second annual TripIndexIsland Sun report, which compares the cost of a day out and an overnight stay for two in 16 popular island destinations across Southeast Asia.
The list of islands was compiled using data from TripAdvisor on the most searched-for islands in the region in the past year, as well as input from local experts.
The study takes into account the combined costs for two people to enjoy a one-night stay in a four-star hotel, a two-course meal with coconut juice, beers, a massage and rental of bicycles and kayaks.
According to the report, the most affordable island for Indonesian travelers is Gili Trawangan, with a total TripIndex cost of Rp 2,677,194 (S$285).
At the other end of the spectrum, a trip to Sentosa Island in Singapore will cost three times more at Rp 9,499,234.
"This year's results show that, despite their popularity, Indonesia and Thailand are still home to some of the most affordable island getaways in Southeast Asia, with Gili Trawangan, Bali and Koh Samui topping the list," said TripAdvisor spokesperson Jean Ow-Yeong in a press release last week.
This year's results show that travelers heading to islands in Indonesia can expect to save the most, with Gili Trawangan, Bali and Lombok ranked at number one, two and four, respectively, in the top five most affordable islands.
Gili Trawangan and Bali were also listed among the top ten islands in Asia, ranking fifth and second, respectively, in the 2014 Travelers' Choice Islands Award, while Bali's Nusa Dua Beach was awarded thirteenth place in the 2014 Travelers' Choice Beaches Awards.
TripIndexIsland Sun (total cost from most to least affordable)
1. Gili Trawangan, Indonesia: Rp 2,677,194
2. Bali, Indonesia: Rp 3,086,446
3. Koh Samui, Thailand: Rp 3,289,854
4. Lombok, Indonesia: Rp 3,313,408
5. Cebu, Philippines: Rp 3,732,697
6. Phuket, Thailand: Rp 3,841,964
7. PhuQuoc, Vietnam: Rp 4,033,301
8. Boracay, Philippines: Rp 4,037,519
9. Penang, Malaysia: Rp 4,364,523
10. Koh Phi Phi Don, Thailand: Rp 4,817,578
11. Pulau Rendang, Malaysia: Rp 5,262,878
12. Pulau Tioman, Malaysia: Rp 5,546,234
13. Langkawi, Malaysia: Rp 5,852,804
14. Palawan, Philippines: Rp 6,154,142
15. Bintan, Indonesia: Rp 6,561,569
16. Sentosa, Singapore: Rp 9,499,234