PETALING JAYA: Police withdrew their support at the last minute for the Thirst 2015: We Are All Stardust concert for the safety of the public.
Serdang OCPD Asst Comm Razimi Ahmad said on Sunday that this was decided after receiving intelligence information and considering all aspects of safety.
"The decision was made to prevent untoward incidents from happening," he added.
ACP Razimi said the Serdang police headquarters received a letter last month from the Subang Jaya Municipal Council (MPSJ), asking for confirmation that organisers Future Sound Asia Sdn Bhd had applied for a permit for the event.
"We did not object to the event in our first review given on March 25," he said.
ACP Razimi said the application was rejected by MPSJ on April 6, but was later approved after organisers made an appeal to the council on April 22.
"The council provided certain conditions for the organisers to adhere to.
"However, police decided to withdraw their support for the event on April 24 after receiving objections from the public as well as the state assemblyman's office," he said, adding that the review was then forwarded to MPSJ for a final decision.