Busty beauty Kate Upton may be a familiar face in the fashion world and with the men, but she's still a newbie to showbiz.
She paid her dues with bit appearances in Tower Heist (2011) and The Three Stooges (2012), but it's her star-making role in The Other Woman that will give her silver screen career a boost. Here's what you need to know about the rising US starlet.
1. Upton has earned the tag of the "new Marilyn Monroe" because of her old Hollywood glamour good looks, curvy frame and of course, those ample 34D assets. But the 21-year-old dislikes the size of her famous twins. "I wish I had smaller boobs every day of my life as I would love to wear spaghetti tops braless, or go for the smallest bikini designs," she told Britain's The Sun.
2. She's the new face of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. In addition, she was named the face of Express, becoming the first celebrity spokeman to appear for the American fashion retailer in the past decade.
3. She's a equestrian champion and represented the American Paint Horse Association at national levels during her teenage years. She considered pursuing an equestrian career when it was derailed by an introduction to modelling at the age of 17. Two years later, she earned the coveted spot as the 2012 cover girl of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and was again the cover model the year after.
4. Like Cameron Diaz who turned 21 on the set of The Mask, Upton officially became an adult on the set of The Other Woman.
5. Upton is eager to make people take notice of her as a "serious actress". She told Sydney Morning Herald: "I was bitten a little by an acting bug so I took acting classes for two years. Now I'm full in, I love it!"
This article was published on April 16, 2014 in The New Paper.
Get The New Paper for more stories.