If you think lining your room with posters of your idol is the acme of fandom, think again. These fans have gone the extra mile to show their devotion:
• A Singaporean woman made a will bequeathing all her assets to actress-singer Fann Wong in 2009. This was confirmed by the former's lawyer to The New Paper.
• Harry Styles of UK boy band One Direction revealed that a fan sent him a toilet seat as a birthday gift.
• Korean boy band 2PM's Taecyeon got a letter from a fan written in her menstrual blood. She wrote: "I dedicate to Taecyeon my period blood letter. OK, Taecyeon, you cannot live without me."
• Taeyon from K-pop group Girls' Generation was performing with her band when a man walked on stage, pulled her away and attempted to "kidnap" her. He almost made it off the stage before he was stopped.
• Fan Carl McCoid, 40, is proving his love for pop star Miley Cyrus in a permanent way. He has had 22 Cyrus-themed tattoos - from song titles to an image of her face with her tongue sticking out.
• A plastic water bottle that Justin Bieber had one sip from sold online for US$624 (S$780) three years ago. Emma Hall-Phillips, a 16-year-old New Zealander, had met the Canadian pop star while he was in a make-up room at a TV studio. She donated the proceeds to charity.
• Aspiring singer Linda Resa changed her name legally to Kanye West in honour of her favourite singer. She also tattooed the name "Kanye West" in large type on her buttocks.
Get The New Paper for more stories.