As if being nominated for the film industry's biggest prize wasn't enough, Academy Award nominees in five categories will receive the annual "Oscar swag bag" - a goodie-bag worth upward of US$220,000 (S$307,000).
Los Angeles-based Distinctive Assets puts together the bags independent of the Oscars. The bags are known for pricey items like last year's US$20,000 worth of "mind control lessons." Nominees for best actor/actress, best supporting actor/actress and best director will receive them Feb. 28.
"To be part of the film industry's biggest night on any level is thrilling," Lash Fary, Distinctive Assets' founder, said in a statement. "We always look forward to introducing standout entertainers to an array of companies with fabulous gifts to share."
The swag in this year's bag has a value more than 30 per cent higher last year's US$160,000 bag.
Among the expensive and obscure gifts are a US$1,900 Vampire breast lift treatment, which uses a woman's own blood to improve skin appearance and softness.
Nominees will also receive Haze Dual V3 Vaporizers (US$250 each), personalized M&Ms (US$300), a Steamist spa package (US$5,060), more than US$5,000 worth of treatments from 740 Park Plastic Surgery, and a lifetime supply of Lizora Pu-erh Tea Nourishing Cream and Pu-erh Tea Cleansing Bar, a value of US$31,200.
Although not a complete list, the swag bag also contains:
- Nuelle Fiera "Arouser for Her" - US$250
- Three fitness training sessions with Jay Cardiello - US$1,400
- A complimentary three-day stay at the Golden Door resort and spa in San Marcos, California - US$4,800
- Three complimentary nights at Grand Hotel Tremezzo near Lake Como in Italy - US$5,000
- Three complimentary nights at Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria in Sorrento, Italy - US$5,000
- A donation of 10,000 meals to an animal shelter or rescue of the nominee's choice - US$6,300
- A year's worth of Audi A4 rentals from Silvercar - US$45,000
- Private, full buyout of any Walk Japan tour for two for up to 15 days - US$54,000
- VIP all-access trip to Israel - US$55,000