EIGHTEEN community sites are being set up for the public to pay their last respects to Mr Lee Kuan Yew.
The first six are ready. The other 12 will be ready tomorrow. The sites will be open from 10am to 8pm until March 29.
Residents can also visit the sites for a live telecast of the State Funeral on March 29.
1. Tanjong Pagar Community Club, 101 Cantonment Road, Singapore 089774
2. Ang Mo Kio Central Stage @ Ang Mo Kio Town Centre. The stage is between Block 712 and Block 709, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8
3. Open space @ Bedok Town Centre, in front of 209 New Upper Changi Road, Singapore 460209. The space is outside the Sheng Siong supermarket
4. Hardcourt opposite Choa Chu Kang MRT Station, Singapore 680355
5. Tampines Community Plaza, 10 Tampines Central 1, Singapore 529536. This is in front of Tampines One Mall
6. Canopy (the Pavilion between JCube shopping centre and Jurong Regional Library), Jurong East Street 13
7. Telok Ayer Hong Lim Green Community Centre (Open Stage) at 20 Upper Pickering Street, Singapore 058284
8. Toa Payoh Central Community Club, 93 Toa Payoh Central, Singapore 319194
9. Kovan Hub, No. 206 Hougang Street 21, Singapore 530206. This is near the Heartland Mall
10. Sengkang Community Hub hardcourt, 2 Sengkang Square, Singapore 545025
11. Marine Parade Promenade,Block 87 Marine Parade Central, Singapore 440087. This is next to the McDonald's outlet
12. Hardcourt at Block 749 Yishun Street 72, Singapore 760731
13. Hardcourt at Petir Park, Block 140 Petir Road Singapore 670140. This is near Petir LRT station
14. Woodlands Civic Centre open space, 900 South Woodlands Drive, Singapore 730900
15. Block 442 and Block 449 Clementi Avenue 3 open area. This is at the entrance of Clementi Town Centre estate
16. People's Association headquarters, 9 King George's Avenue, Singapore 208581
17. Singapore Botanic Gardens' Botany Centre, 1 Cluny Road, Singapore 259569
18. Marina Barrage, 260 Marina Way, Singapore 018976
This article was first published on Mar 24, 2015.
Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.