2 brothers rescued from Hougang flat that was on fire

2 brothers rescued from Hougang flat that was on fire

SINGAPORE - A fire broke out at a flat at Hougang Street 51 on Wednesday morning.

The SCDF said on its Facebook page that the fire originated from the prayer altar of the living room of the flat. 

Here is SCDF's post on Facebook: 

SCDF officers arrived on the scene shortly, and forced entry into the flat on the sixth floor as the gate to the unit was locked.

Within six minutes, the firefighters put out the fire, which had started at a prayer altar in the living room.

They also evacuated two brothers in their 20s, who had kept themselves away from the blaze by staying in one of the three bedrooms of the flat.

maryanns@sph.com.sg

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.