2 hurt in 4-vehicle crash

2 hurt in 4-vehicle crash
PHOTO: The New Paper

A man and a woman were injured late Wednesday night in an accident in Bugis involving a bus, a taxi and two cars.

Police said they received a call at about 11.50pm alerting them to the accident, which happened at the junction of Ophir Road and Victoria Street - just one street away from where a high-profile accident involving a Ferrari occurred in 2012.

When The New Paper arrived at the scene at about 1am yesterday, only three of the vehicles were at the accident site.

An SMRT taxi was seen front bumper to front bumper with an SBS bus close to the pedestrian crossing next to Golden Landmark Shopping Complex.

TNP understands that the bus, which was on the second lane of the three-lane road, had been stationary at the traffic light when the accident happened.

The right side of the taxi's boot was dented and its front was badly damaged. A black Audi was in the middle of the junction, its front also mangled.

Debris was strewn all over the road and a puddle that had formed near the engine compartment of the Audi smelled strongly of petrol.


According to the police, a male taxi driver and a female passenger, both 52, were conscious when they were taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH).

It is not known which vehicle the woman was in.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) sent an ambulance, a fire engine, a Red Rhino and a support vehicle to the scene.

An SCDF spokesman said the man suffered abrasions on his arm and complained of discomfort in his neck, while the woman complained of pain in her right arm and leg.

Another accident involving multiple vehicles also took place on the Central Expressway (CTE) in the wee hours of yesterday morning.

Police said they were alerted to the accident along the CTE towards the city, near the Braddell Road exit at about 2.30am yesterday.

It involved a car and two taxis.

SCDF sent an ambulance to the scene and police said the car's passenger, a 21-year-old man, was taken to TTSH.

TNP understands that he was conscious and his injuries were not life threatening.

No one was arrested in relation to both accidents and investigations are ongoing.

This article was first published on September 4, 2015.
Get The New Paper for more stories.

Purchase this article for republication.



Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.