53-year-old suspect arrested for murder of man whose body was found in Lim Chu Kang

53-year-old suspect arrested for murder of man whose body was found in Lim Chu Kang

The body, which was removed from a patch of bushes, appeared to be that of a man who was wearing a pair of dark-coloured shorts. His shirt appeared to be rolled up to his neck. The Straits Times understands that his hands were bound and his body did not appear to have any major wounds.

Get the full story from The Straits Times.

Here is the full statement from the police:

Police have arrested a 53-year-old Chinese man in connection with the death of 37-year-old Dexmon Chua Yizhi.

On 29 December 2013, Police received a missing person report informing us that Dexmon Chua Yizhi had yet to return since he left home on the evening of 28 December 2013.

On 30 December 2013, a Police news release was also issued appealing for information on the whereabouts of Dexmon Chua Yizhi who was last seen at an eatery along Cheong Chin Nam Road on 28 December 2013 at about 9.44pm.

As there were suspicious circumstances relating to the case, officers from Jurong Police Division worked closely with officers from the Criminal Investigation Department to conduct investigative probes and enquiries. The officers' intensive efforts paid off when they established the identity of a 53-year-old suspect who was subsequently arrested on 31 December 2013.

On 1 January 2014, the suspect led Police to the vicinity of Lim Chu Kang Road where the body of 37-year-old Dexmon Chua Yizhi was discovered.

The suspect will be charged in Court on 2 January 2014 for the offence of Murder under Section 302 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (Investigations & Intelligence) concurrent Director of the Criminal Investigation Department Hoong Wee Teck said, "The officers from Jurong Police Division had displayed good investigative acumen, to sense the suspicious circumstances surrounding the missing person report at the onset of their investigations. Without any delay, officers from the Criminal Investigation Department were called in to take over the investigation leading to the discovery of this serious crime. I wish to commend all the officers involved for their perseverance, dedication and hard work resulting in the successful arrest of the suspect within 48 hours of the report lodged."

More about

Purchase this article for republication.



Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.