SINGAPORE - Six new members have been appointed to the Data Protection Committee (DPAC) and will serve a two year term from Jan 2.
Hailing from the banking, healthcare, IT, public, social services sectors, and academia, the new members will complement six existing members by providing perspectives from the different sectors they come from, said the Personal Data Protection Commission in a statement on Wednesday.
The new members are:
1. Mr Effendy Ibrahim - Senior Director, RTM & Channel Marketing, Asia-Pacific & Japan, Symantec Corporation
2. Mr Hui Choon Kuen - Deputy Chief Counsel Advisory (Civil Division), Attorney General Chambers (AGC) and Dean of the AGC Academy
3. Mr Lam Chee Kin Group Head of Compliance, DBS
4. Associate Professor Low Cheng Ooi - Chief Medical Informatics Officer, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Health Holdings
5. Professor Steven Miller - Vice Provost (Research) and Dean of School of Information Systems, Singapore Management University
6. Ms Tina Hung - Deputy Chief Executive Officer and Group Director, Service Planning and Development, National Council of Social Service
The existing members of the committee are intellectual property consultant Liew Woon Yin, CEO of the Singapore Business Federation Ho Meng Kit, President of the Consumers Association of Singapore Lim Biow Chuan, Managing Partner of Stream Global Lim Chin Hu, NUS law dean Professor Simon Chesterman, and CEO of Spring Singapore Tan Kai Hoe.