PETALING JAYA: Nine more men have been arrested in connection with the brutal torching of a security guard in Klang and the slashing of six others.
The suspects, said to be hardened criminals aged between 22 and 59, were rounded up by police following several raids on Tuesday.
Three men were arrested at about 4.30am at Jalan Meru, Klang, followed by five others at Jalan Changkat Asa, Hulu Bernam. The last suspect was detained in Jalan Teratai in Meru, Klang, at about 10pm the same day.
This brings the total number of those arrested to 21 suspects.
Selangor CID chief Senior Asst Comm Datuk Mohd Adnan Abdullah said the suspects had been remanded until Monday to facilitate investigations.
"The suspects have records for armed robbery and extortion. We are still investigating the incident but so far, we view the attacks to be the result of a territorial dispute for security guard jobs," he said yesterday.
SAC Mohd Adnan also urged anyone with information to contact the police as soon as possible.
Police had initially arrested 12 men, all with records for violent crimes.
Security guard Ridzuan Che Bi, 26, was burnt to death with a molotov cocktail when he was on duty at the affluent 11 Avenue residential area guardhouse at 2am on April 18.
Six other guards, who were on duty at the neighbouring Fuego and Awani residential areas, were attacked and suffered slash wounds.