Blowtorch started Singtel fire

Blowtorch started Singtel fire

It was a blowtorch that heated materials to a searing 800 deg C - twice as hot as it needed to be. And in the end, it sparked a slow-burning fire that was undetected as a result of further fire-safety lapses and human error.

That was the most likely cause of the blaze in the SingTel Internet-exchange room in October which resulted in a days-long stoppage of its services to many parts of Singapore, SingTel's board committee of inquiry has concluded.


Get a copy of tabla! for more stories.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.