Boy found buried in kitchen was killed for disturbing sleep

Boy found buried in kitchen was killed for disturbing sleep

PETALING JAYA - Heartbreaking de­­tails are starting to emerge about the final moments of a boy whose body was found buried in a kitchen of a house in Kepong.

He is believed to have been killed by a close family member for disturbing his sleep.

The man, a 33-year-old moneylender, punched the boy repeatedly on the face before knocking him unconscious with a hard blow to his head using a blunt object, believed to be a stick.

A source close to the investigation said the man was asleep when he was awoken by the noise of the boy teasing his younger brother at their Taman Usaha Jaya rented house.

"Angry that his sleep was disrupted, the man started hitting the boy until he became unconscious.

"He placed the unconscious boy in the bedroom and only realised he was dead the next day," said the source.

According to the source, the man then hired a foreign worker to dig a hole in the kitchen without telling him what it was for.

"Based on the mother's statement, she was forced to help bury her son out of fear.

"The man was a hot-tempered person and would often hit his fa­­mi­ly members," the source added.

The source said the suspect hired another foreign worker to cover the hole with cement.

The family then vacated the house. The incident took place about two months ago.

"We believe that the object used to hit the child had been destroyed," the source added.

The source said the mother was cooking when she heard the boy being beaten.

The family tried to stop the assault, but their pleas fell on deaf ears.

"The house was small, the entire family knew and could see what happened," the source added.

Post-mortem results showed that the boy's age was between eight and 10 and he had been dead for between eight and nine weeks.

The boy's father was arrested at a coffeeshop in Keningau, Sabah, at about 6.30pm last Saturday.

After detaining him, police picked up the mother at a relative's house in Penampang at about 1am the next day.

They were flown back to the pe­­ninsula on Tuesday.

There were four children living in the house, one of whom was the man's daughter from his previous marriage to a Filipina.

The children were aged between seven and 14 years old.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.



Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.