Fire in Geylang Building

Fire in Geylang Building
The fire in a ground floor unit disrupted power in Prosper House. An SP Powergrid spokesman said a “cable fault” caused the blaze and that it “was contained within the electrical transformer room”.

A fire that disrupted power in a commercial building in Geylang on Sunday was extinguished by firefighters within five minutes.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to the fire at a ground floor unit in Prosper House at 5.57pm on Sunday. One red rhino and two fire engines were deployed to the scene at 101 Lorong 23 Geylang.

An SP Powergrid spokesman said a "cable fault" caused the fire and that it "was contained within the electrical transformer room".

There were no casualties. Investigations are ongoing.


Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.