Girl scalded by hot water after shower head gets dislodged at Cherryloft Resorts

Girl scalded by hot water after shower head gets dislodged at Cherryloft Resorts
PHOTO: Stomp

A 9-year-old girl was scalded by hot water while bathing after a shower head at a resort bathroom came loose.

The incident happened at CherryLoft Resorts on Sept 5, 2017.

Stomp contributor Teo, the mother of the child, told Stomp that she and her family had checked in earlier that day.

Her husband then brought their two children for a swim at 3.30pm and returned at 4.50pm.

After that, her daughter proceeded to take a shower.

Moments later, they heard her scream and rushed into the bathroom.

When they barged in, they found that their daughter's chest had been scalded, and the shower head was disconnected from the hose.

The worried parents quickly turned off the shower and sent their child to a 24-hour clinic nearby.

Girl scalded by hot water after shower head gets dislodged at resort

On their way to the clinic, the girl told her parents that she was bathing when the hose suddenly disconnected from the shower head and hot water came gushing out of the hose, onto her chest.

At the clinic, the doctor told the parents that their daughter had suffered first-degree to second-degree burns and advised to give them to give special care for two weeks in order to prevent an infection.

After the incident, Teo and her husband went back to the resort and asked for an explanation.

According to Teo, a manager of the resort told them that the resort was unable to verify if someone had tampered with the shower head beforehand and if so, they could not be blamed for the incident.

Teo said that The resort, however, offered a better room, which they promised to do a thorough safety check on.

The family took up the offer.

They checked into the new room at about 8pm that night but found that the room was nearly identical to their last, with the exception of the shower, which was of a different design.

The family checked out of the resort the next morning (Sept 6).

They had initially intended to stay for six nights.

Said Teo:

"Dear Parents, do you think a 9-year-old would be unable to differentiate hot water and cold water, purposely turn the hot water knob, disconnect the shower head, and burn herself?"

When Shin Min Daily News reached resort staff for a statement on the incident, they told reporters that the management offered to do a change of room for the family but the family checked out the next day.

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.