Intruder molests hotel waitress in Malacca hostel

Intruder molests hotel waitress in Malacca hostel
Recovering well: Prof Ibrahim (left) paying Siti Irina a visit at the Malacca Hospital while Prof Mohd Adnan (second from left) chats with a family member.

MALACCA - Another intrusion has happened at a female hostel here a day after a final-year Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) student survived five stab wounds in a brutal attack.

This time, hotel waitress Zaini Mohd Razali was almost raped at the hostel in Jalan Tun Perak at 11.55am on Thursday.

Zaini, 20, from Pasir Puteh, Kelantan, was sleeping after her shift ended when the armed intruder, described as a small-sized teenager with brown dyed hair, entered her room.

The intruder threatened to rape and rob her, but Zaini begged him not to do so as she was menstruating.

Despite her appeals, he forced her to strip and outraged her modesty before going to another room, which was unoccupied.

Seeing this, Zaini made her escape via the back door and managed to get help from her colleague before lodging a report at the Tengkera police station at about 1.20pm on the same day.

Zaini may have escaped unscathed but not Siti Irina Ridzwan who was attacked at her rented apartment in Lendu, Alor Gajah. She suffered a punctured lung when she was stabbed while putting up a fight.

Malacca police detained the prime suspect in Siti Irina's case at 6.15pm on Thursday.

State CID chief Asst Comm Raja Sharom Raja Abdullah said the 20-year-old suspect was detained at a guest house in Melaka Tengah along with two other men and a woman accomplice.

He said the men, aged between 20 and 40, were from Malacca while the 20-year-old woman was from Selangor.

"One has a drug-related criminal record while all four tested positive for drugs," he said in a statement yesterday.

At the Malacca Hospital, Siti Irina was responding well to treatment. She will most likely be able to sit for her final examination on Sept 23.

UiTM Malacca rector Prof Dr Mohd Adnan Hashim said Siti Irina was expected to be discharged in the next couple of days and would be transferred to a guest suite in the Lendu campus.

Scores of friends, families, course mates and campus officials have been visiting Siti Irina at the hospital.

Umno Education Bureau chief Tan Sri Prof Dr Ibrahim Abu Shah, who visited her, said he was glad to hear that Siti Irina was recovering well.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.



Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.