KUALA LUMPUR - Police have obtained an image of the man believed to be behind the grenade attack at Cherry Blossom nightclub at Jalan Bukit Bintang.
The image, which was lifted from a CCTV footage, shows the movements of the suspected bomber, believed to be in his 40s, before and after the incident.
City police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Tajudin Md Isa said police would be releasing the image soon to enlist the help of the public in identifying the man.
"We are currently trying to process the image to make it clearer and will release it in a couple of days," he said yesterday.
SDCP Tajudin also said no further arrests had been made on top of the five people detained on Wednesday.
"Four out of the five are bodyguards working at the nightclub and the last one is a witness at the scene," he said.
The blast at 4.25am on Oct 9, ripped through the front of the nightclub along Jalan Bukit Bintang, killing 36-year-old car jockey Tiong Kwang Yie and injuring 12 others.
Four vehicles were also damaged in the blast which has been linked to a turf war between rival gangs.
The injured, aged between 31 and 56, included a Thai man, a Singaporean male and four women from China.
All 12 have been discharged from the Kuala Lumpur Hospital, according to a spokesman.
It is learnt that triad kingpin Ah Hai was at the scene at the time of the incident, but escaped unhurt when a second hand grenade that was thrown from the second floor of a building failed to explode.
Ah Hai later turned himself in to have his statement recorded on Monday.