KUALA LUMPUR - Eight suspects of 37 wee hours 'rear-hit' luxury car-jacking and robbery cases in the Klang Valley are on the loose. City police chief Datuk Mohmad Salleh said the suspects aged from 21 to 26 have been active since early this year and believed to have set drivers of luxury cars worth RM100,000 (S$390,000) and above as their prime targets.
"They are believed to be involved in 37 out of the 49 cases reported since January, as the 37 was reported to be committed by dark-skinned suspects.
"25 of the cases happened in Brickfields, while 16 occurred in Cheras and 8 other within the Sentul district," Mohmad said, adding that the group which usually operates in a four-men team from the late night hours to early mornings have previously been arrested and released.
"The targeted car will be followed and they would hit the rear of the car. When the driver comes out to check on the damage, they would then rob the driver before fleeing with the stolen car.
"They have been known to use parangs, iron rods and knives to intimidate victims," said Mohmad.
He added that people with information on the suspects are urged to contact the city police's Criminal Investigation Department D4 division officer at 016-6181556.
The eight suspects identified and on the hunt are:
1. Muhamad Shajaan Mohd Sharif, 25, last address: Z 333, Kampung Lembah Mutiara (2), Selayang Baru, Batu Caves.
2. N. Viknesh, 24, last address: No 3, Jalan Belatuk 7A, Bandar Puchong Jaya.
3. N. Saravanan Kumar, 25, last address: D215, Pangsapuri Sri Anggerik 1, Bandar Puchong Jaya.
4. R Nareshwaran, 22, last address: 22, No 53, Jalan TK 5/11, Taman Mawar, Puchong.
5. D. Thevarajan, 23, last address: No 306, Blok 17, Jalan Nuri 7/1D, Seksyen 7, Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya.
6. M Devandran, 26, last address: No 1, Blok J40 Kaw (A) Rumah Panjang, Jinjang Utara.
7. D. Vikram, 21, last address: No 12, Jalan SP 1/7 Taman Subang Perdana, Shah Alam.
8. M. Lawrence, 27, last address: No 3A-11B, Blok 4, Pangsapuri Desa Dua, Lorong D 1/5, Desa Aman Puri, Kepong.