Chinese President Xi jinping will begin his two-day state visit to Singapore on Friday. He is visiting Singapore to mark 25 years of diplomatic relations. This is his first visit to Singapore since he became China's leader in November 2012.
Mr Xi will be accompanied by his wife Peng Liyuan, Member of the Political Bureau and Head of the Policy Research Office of the Communist Party of China Central Committee (CPCCC) Wang Huning; Member of the Political Bureau and Head of the General Office of the CPCCC Li Zhanshu as well as State Councillor Yang Jiechi.
Here's a look at his packed schedule.
- Welcome ceremony at the Istana and courtesy call on President Tony Tan. Mrs Mary Tan will separately host Madam Peng to tea.
- State banquet hosted by President Tan
- President Xi and Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong to officially open the China Cultural Centre located at Queen Street
- President Xi to deliver the 36th Singapore Lecture at National University of Singapore in a session chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean
- Meeting with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at the Istana, followed by the signing of several deals. A third government-to-government project in western China is expected to be announced.
- President Xi and wife Peng Liyuan to visit the Singapore Botanic Gardens where an orchid hybrid "Papilionanda" will be named in their honour
- Lunch hosted by PM Lee at the Botanic Gardens
This article was first published on November 6, 2015.
Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.