Man dies in shower after throat cut by glass shards

Man dies in shower after throat cut by glass shards

SINGAPORE - A 24-year-old Chinese man died in a freak accident after his throat was cut by glass shards from a broken shower door.

Chinese evening daily Shin Min Daily News reported that Mr Sebastian Wong had just finished taking a shower in the flat where his girlfriend lives, when he was believed to have slipped and hit his head against the shower cubicle's glass door.

Glass shards from the shattered glass door are believed to have fatally injured Mr Wong.

The incident took place in a unit in Block 21, Teban Gardens Road, where his girlfriend lives with her grandparents.

A neighbour, Madam Yap, reported hearing screams on Sunday morning at about 8am when the incident occurred. She was shocked to see police officers at the unit after returning from breakfast with her family.

The deceased's family recounted the incident to the Chinese paper at the mortuary on Monday morning.

Police have classified the case as an unnatural death. Investigations are ongoing.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.