'Molester said he was from non-profit group'

'Molester said he was from non-profit group'

A man is believed to have posed as a representative of a non-profit organisation and molested those who agreed to help him. The 25-year-old is to be charged today with two counts of outrage of modesty.

The incidents took place in March, the police said yesterday.

They received a report from a female victim on March 23, saying she had been molested at an educational institution in Clementi Road.

Two days later, a second report was made by another victim.

Both said the man had asked them for help, saying he represented a non-profit organisation. He had molested them after they agreed. Officers from Tanglin and Clementi police divisions conducted extensive enquiries and viewed CCTV footage to identify the suspect. He was arrested on March 31.

A 24-year-old man allegedly involved in another case will also be charged today with outrage of modesty. He was arrested after an incident on Friday.

At about 9pm on that day, the female victim was walking along New Upper Changi Road when the man allegedly touched her thigh before fleeing, the police said yesterday.

When this was reported, officers from Bedok Police Division conducted an immediate search in the vicinity.

The suspect was detained near Block 209, New Upper Changi Road at about 10.30pm, with the assistance of members of the public, the police said.

Anyone convicted of outrage of modesty can be jailed for up to two years, fined, caned or given any combination of these punishments.


This article was first published on August 18, 2014.
Get The New Paper for more stories.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.