SINGAPORE - The National Stadium and its surrounding areas have been designated as a 'Special Event Area' under the Public Order Act during the opening and closing ceremonies of the 28th SEA games.
This designation will take effect at the National Stadium and its surrounding areas from 12.01am to 11.59pm on June 5 (Friday) and the same time on June 16 (Tuesday).
Police said in a press statement that under the new regulations, unauthorised unmanned aircraft will not be allowed to fly within or near the demarcated zone as "the operation of unmanned aircraft over a mass assembly of spectators and participants in major events such as the SEA Games could pose a threat to public safety and security."
Additionally, large banners or flags and flammable objects count on the list of banned items in the National Stadium and its surrounding areas.
Offenders may be liable to prosecution.
During the above-mentioned periods, members of the public may be liable to security checks and screening by police officers within the special zone as a condition of entry to the opening and closing ceremonies.
Police also have the powers to require the reasons for entry into the special zone and may refuse entry or remove a person from the zone if necessary.
The Special Event Area is bounded by the following:
1. Fort Road
2. Mountbatten Road
3. Old Airport Road
4. Jalan Tiga
5. Pine Lane
6. Guillemard Road
7. Lorong 22 Geylang
8. Aljunied Road
9. Sims Avenue
10. Lorong 3 Geylang
11. Upper Boon Keng Road
12. Kallang Junction
13. Kallang Avenue
14. Padang Jeringau
15. Kallang Road
16. Crawford Street
17. Republic Avenue
18. Nicoll Highway
19. Drive-way off Nicoll Highway MRT Station
20. Republic Avenue
21. Republic Boulevard
22. East Coast Parkway
The Special Zone that is demarcated within the Special Event Area is bounded by the following:
1. Mounbatten Road
2. Nicoll Highway
3. Stadium Road
4. Nicoll Highway (covering Merdeka Bridge)
5. Republic Avenue
6. Republic Boulevard
7. East Coast Parkway
8. Tanjong Rhu Promenade
9. Tanjong Rhu View
10. Tanjong Rhu Promenade
11. Tanjong Rhu Place
12. Tanjong Rhu Promenade
13. Geylang Park Connector
14. Kg Jayu Road
15. Geylang Park Connector
Here is a list of prohibited items:
1. Any noxious or offensive substance, such as animal manure or paint.
2. A marine flare and signal, landing flare, highway fuse, smoke generator, distress signal or other pyrotechnic device intended for signalling, warning, rescue or similar purposes.
3. Any petroleum or flammable material within the meaning of the Fire Safety (Petroleum and Flammable Materials) Regulations.
4. An explosive within the meaning of the Arms and Explosives Act.
5. Any arms within the meaning of the Arms and Explosives Act.
6. An item, including a device known as a "dragon", capable of attaching a person to an object or another person, or preventing removal of any locking or connecting device.
7. An aerosol paint container or other implement or substance that is capable of being used to mark graffiti.
8. A loud hailer.
9. Any flag or banner which is larger than one metre by one metre, or has a handle longer than one metre.
10. A public address system, electronic equipment, broadcast equipment or similar device which may interfere with broadcast equipment or similar devices being used by the event organiser of the opening ceremony of the 28th South East Asian Games or a person authorised by the event organiser or otherwise under the Act to use such equipment or devices.
11. A remotely piloted aircraft system for a remotely piloted aircraft, comprising the remotely piloted aircraft, every remote pilot station associated with the remotely piloted aircraft containing the equipment used to pilot that aircraft, the command and control links between the remotely piloted aircraft and its remote pilot station or stations and other command and any other components as specified in the type design to fly that aircraft.