SINGAPORE - The government's feedback unit, Reach, will see Singaporeans of different backgrounds on its new supervisory panel for the new two-year term, beginning Oct 1.
There will be eight new faces among the 29-strong panel. Among them include a YouTube content creator, a graduate student, a healthcare professional, an advocate for the diabled, and a woman social entrepreneur spearheading a social enterprise for mothers.
Togetether with representatives from trade unions, grassroots, youth, business, Chinese clan associations, media, new citizens and the Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMET) sector, the panel will help Reach to engage with different segments of Singapore's population on key issues and policies to ensure that the views and feedback of citizens from diverse backgrounds and interests are heard and conveyed to government agencies for consideration.
Dr Amy Khor, Senior Minister of State for Health and Manpower, will continue to helm the new panel, together with two vice-chairpersons, Parliament Secretary for Health and Transport Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim, and Member of Parliament for Tampines GRC Baey Yam Keng.
New panel member, founder and director of Night Owl Cinematics Ryan Tan, who shoots and produces videos featured on the "Ryan Sylvia" YouTube channel, said: "I hope to use my social media expertise to provide advice on engaging Singaporeans via social media platforms.
"As 'Ryan Sylvia' is known for its comedic take on social issues, I hope to share my knowledge with Reach on how humour can bring together Singaporeans with different perspectives to start constructive conversations where we can understand one another better."
Dr Khor said: "For the new term, Reach continues to have an inclusive and diverse representation in our new supervisory panel.
"Together, we want to make sure that citizens are engaged meaningfully and given opportunities to speak and be heard, including the silent majority," she added.
List of new members on Reach supervisory panel from Oct 1, 2014 to Sep 30, 2016:
1. Ms Jennifer Yap Sy Na - Vice President, Singapore Insurance Employees Union
2. Mr Salman Kamiso - Asst General Treasurer, Union of Power and Gas Employees
3. Mr Ng Cher Yan - Chairman of Braddell Heights Citizens' Consultative Committee
4. Mr Lim Kim Hoe, Adrian - Chairman of Woodgrove Citizens' Consultative Committee
5. Asst Prof Raymond Chua - Group Director, Health Products Regulation Group, Health Sciences Authority
6. Mr Ryan Tan Weiwen - Founder and director, Night Owl Cinematics
7. Mr Chong Chin Hin - Vice Chairman, Cultural Committee Singapore Federation of Chinese Clan Associations
8. Mr Low Kam Wah, Aaron - Deputy News Editor at The Straits Times