No reports of Singaporeans injured in Manchester bomb attack: MFA

There have been no reports of Singaporeans directly affected or injured in the bomb attack at Manchester Arena, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) said in a media statement on Tuesday (May 23).

The explosion has killed 19 people and injured 50 others so far when it took place at the arena where US singer Ariana Grande had been performing.

Singapore said that it "strongly condemns the bomb attack," expressed its condolences to the bereaved families, and wished the injured a swift recovery.

MFA added that the ministry and the Singapore High Commission in London have reached out to Singaporeans who are e-registered in Manchester. The Singapore High Commission will also work closely with Manchester police to monitor the situation.

The ministry advised Singaporeans who are in the United Kingdom to inform their family and friends that they are safe.

Those who need urgent consular assistance should contact the Singapore High Commission in London or MFA Duty Office at:

Singapore High Commission in London: +44 (0)207 235 8315/+44 (0) 771 034 8335, singhc_lon@mfa.sg

MFA Duty Office (24-hours): +65 63798800/8855, mfa_duty_office@mfa.gov.sg

Photos: Explosions at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester

minlee@sph.com.sg

 

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.