Norwegian tourist goes on drunken rampage in hotel on Seah Street

Norwegian tourist goes on drunken rampage in hotel on Seah Street
Staale Lie Jorgensen, 34, is accused of repeatedly shouting and gesticulating with his hands outside Beach Centre on Beach Road at about 6am last Saturday.

Update*: Norwegian tourist charged with assaulting hotel workers

Elena Chong, The Straits Times

SINGAPORE - A Norwegian tourist who allegedly attacked two hotel workers appeared in court on Friday to face five charges of assault, criminal trespass and disorderly behaviour.

Get the full story from The Straits Times.


Norwegian tourist goes on drunken rampage in hotel on Seah Street

His vacation seems to have included some drinks.

And the drinks could have led the tourist to allegedly commit a string of strange assaults.

By the time the night was over, he had allegedly attacked two hotel employees and a police officer.

Tomorrow, he will be hauled to court to face five charges.

A police spokesman told The New Paper that they received a call on Saturday at about 5.30am asking for assistance at a hotel on Seah Street.

TNP understands it was at the Naumi hotel, a boutique hotel with rooms that go for at least $300 a night.

The award-winning hotel is surrounded by watering holes and restaurants.

It is understood that the tourist, a Norwegian, was a guest there and was apparently drunk that morning.

He had asked a female receptionist for the room rates as he wanted to book another room.

Sources said he had arrived in Singapore alone. It is not known when he arrived.

On Saturday morning, after being told the rates for another room, he went to the lift lobby and began shouting.

He then allegedly hit the receptionist on the left upper arm before taking the lift up.

He got off the lift at an upper level, took the stairs to the rooftop infinity pool on the 10th storey. Then he went to another level and entered the room of another guest.

The guest, alarmed by the intrusion, informed the hotel and a male receptionist went up and told the Norwegian to leave.

Instead, the man allegedly punched and kicked the receptionist, causing him to suffer minor injuries.

He then left the hotel and the police were called.

A police spokesman told TNP that officers from the Central Police Division responded to the scene.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.



Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.