IPOH - A wife found the naked body of her husband and that of a woman in his car in Bandar Cyber near here last night.
The dead couple -- 58-year-old hardware sales manager Loke Yoke Kim and 51-year-old single mother Yan Wai Leng -- were in the front seats of a Proton Wira in the garage of Loke's hardware store.
Loke's wife made the discovery about an hour after lodging a missing persons' report on Friday night as her husband had not returned home since Thursday.
Together with some family members, she went looking for her husband at his shop.
The manager's wife saw smoke coming from the garage of the hardware shop located behind a budget hotel and prised open the roller shutters to enter.
She then found the bodies of her husband and Yan in the car, which had its engine running.
A green Iswara Aeroback, believed to belong to Yan, was parked outside the shop.
Police have classified the case as sudden death.
Ipoh police chief Assistant Commissioner Sum Chang Keong said a post-mortem carried out by Dr Ikraq Zhafirin of the Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun's Forensics Department revealed that Loke and Yan died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
"There were no traces of foul play on the victims' bodies.
"However, samples of their blood will be sent for a toxicology report on Monday," he said here yesterday.
Sources close to the investigation said Yan, from Taman Lapangan Melodi, worked in an entertainment outlet owned by Loke in Jalan Yang Kalsom here.
The victims' bodies were identified and claimed by their children.
Yan will be cremated today while Loke will be cremated tomorrow.
Both families declined to speak to reporters.