Parents of girl stuck in railings grateful to foreign workers who saved her life

Parents of girl stuck in railings grateful to foreign workers who saved her life
Madam Noreen and Mr Muhammad Fazlee's daughter (left) had her head trapped in the railings outside their flat. She had to be rescued by a foreign worker.

The mother of the child who had to be rescued by foreign workers after getting her head trapped in-between railings said the incident happened while she was taking her other child to kindergarten.

Housewife Madam Noreen Saniri, 27, a mother of three, told The New Paper (TNP) on Friday (April 24) she had left her flat at Blk 371, Jurong East Street 32 yesterday at 1pm to send her five-year-old daughter to school.

She said her younger girl, aged three, was sleeping when they left.

But the toddler woke up and residents were later horrified to find the girl, wearing only her diapers, dangling at the window with her body outside while her head was stuck in the railings.

A video clip showing one worker climbing to the second storey unit to support her has gone viral.

 

 

Another worker also came to help. Madam Norween said: "I didn't think so many things could happen in five to 10 minutes."

Her husband, Mr Muhammad Fazlee Abdul Aziz, 28, told TNP he was so grateful to the men who helped his daughter.

He said: "I am very grateful the workers would actually risk their own lives to climb up to save my daughter's life."


Get The New Paper for more stories.

AsiaOne reported earlier that the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) awarded two foreign workers the SCDF Public Spiritedness Awards for their bravery in rescuing a toddler whose head was stuck in between the rails of an external clothes drying rack on Friday.

The men have been identified as Mr Subramaniam Shanmuganathan and Mr Ponnan Muthukumar.

At the award ceremony, Deputy Commander 4th SCDF Division LTC Michael Chua thanked them. MP for Jurong GRC Ang Wei Neng was also present to give out the awards and tokens of appreciation to the duo.

It is also understood that the family did not install safety grilles for at the window in the service balcony, where the little girl met her mishap, because they did not have enough savings to pay for the grilles.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.