Pet dog infested with maggots: Retiree fined $7,000

Pet dog infested with maggots: Retiree fined $7,000
Quek Ah Nguang did not seek treatment for his son's injured pet shih tzu, and called the SPCA to take it away to be euthanised. Vets estimated that it had probably been infected by maggots for at least 10 days

SINGAPORE - THE shih tzu had been his child's pet for 13 years, but when hundreds of maggots ate away part of its face, Quek Ah Nguang did not take it to the vet.

The 64-year-old had thought there was little point in getting the pooch treated as he was moving from a landed property to a Housing Board flat in about two months' time. He had planned to get rid of the dog by sending it to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA).

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.