SINGAPORE - A group of diners was having a buffet lunch at a Chinese restaurant in Marina Square when they came across the body of a rat in a food tray of salted vegetables.
Stomp reader Caron came across this disgusting sight today at 12.20pm.
The group then alerted a member of staff, who then asked another employee to replace the tray.
The reader said: "The staff looked shocked after seeing the rat.
"I am not sure if manager was aware of what happened at that time."
The buffet then resumed after the dish was replaced.
Some of the restaurants customers had already consumed the vegetables before the reader came across the rat.
Others who knew about the shocking discovery refused to pay for the buffet but still had to do so in the end.
The reader also reported seeing a commotion between some customers and the restaurant's staff.
After they were horrified by the carcass, Caron and her friends told the manager that they did not want to pay for the meal.
The manager apologised to the group and did not ask for payment.
A woman sitting beside them however was not so lucky. She had to pay for the meal even though she was aware about what happened.
Both the woman and the reader have reported the incident to the National Environment Agency (NEA).
Caron continued: "I called NEA to tell them what happened. They will be sending officials to investigate the matter."
Visit STOMP for more stories.