His reign of terror may be over, but some residents at Eunos Crescent continue to live in its shadow.
Abdul Hamid Rahmat had been involved in several killer-litter incidents since August 2013, but his arrest last May did not allay fears.
Describing it as a "phobia", Mrs Rosaline Tan, 50, a housewife, told The New Paper last month that although she is not a resident of Block 1 where the teenage lived, she actively avoids it whenever she passes through the area.
"It's not only that block. I tell my children and husband to walk under sheltered walkways whenever possible," she added.
Madam Janice Tay, 60, a caretaker in a childcare centre, continues to avoid Block 1 despite knowing of Abdul Hamid's arrest.
Her fear was triggered by a falling bamboo pole that almost hit her at a neighbouring block, and this was worsened by the incidents at Block 1.
She said: "We can try as much as we can to avoid these areas, but even then, I still keep looking up whenever I walk near HDB flats."
She continues to walk under sheltered walkways even in other areas.
Others, however, are less affected.
Mr Lim Soo Choon, 73, a dishwasher, said he is no longer afraid since the arrest, although he still takes the longer route to avoid the accident area.
This article was first published on March 10, 2015.
Get The New Paper for more stories.