Restaurant boss hurt in blast

Restaurant boss hurt in blast
A GAS leak reportedly caused an explosion in a restaurant's kitchen Sunday morning, leaving one man badly burnt and in hospital.

A gas leak reportedly caused an explosion in a restaurant's kitchen Sunday morning, leaving one man badly burnt and in hospital.

The boss of Himalaya Kitchen in MacPherson Road bore the brunt of the blast, while a worker who had been standing behind him and was mostly shielded pulled him out of the kitchen.

A fire engine arrived within eight minutes with an ambulance, which took the man to Singapore General Hospital. He is believed to have sustained burns to his face, arms and legs.

Evening daily Lianhe Wanbao reported that the two men and two other workers had been preparing orders when the blast occurred just before opening time at 10.30am.

A woman who identified herself as one of the restaurant's bosses told The Straits Times Sunday evening that the man was still in hospital and the eatery remained closed.

She declined to be interviewed further, saying: "I'm not in a state of mind to talk now."

The Singapore Civil Defence Force said investigations are ongoing.


Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.