Security guard remanded over boy’s death

Security guard remanded over boy’s death

MALACCA - A 25-year-old security guard, who allegedly covered a two-year-old boy's mouth with his hand until he suffocated be­­fore burying him behind a house, has been remanded until Sept 18.

Acting Malacca Tengah OCPD Supt Razali Bakar said the man was remanded earlier in Muar for vehicle theft.

On Sunday, police found the skeletal remains of what they be­lieved to be from a child.

The remains were discovered buried behind a house in Taman Bayan, Bukit Katil here.

A couple, aged 24 and 25, have been detained.

Police brought them to the site and found the skeletal remains, wrapped in batik cloth, after digging about 0.3m deep.

Apparently, the male suspect confessed to killing the boy.

It is believed the victim is his son.

Police are still investigating the motive of the crime.

Supt Razali said the female suspect, who was arrested on Sunday, was remanded until Sept 12.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.