SINGAPORE - Various roads will be closed tonight to facilitate the Marina Bay Singapore Countdown 2015.
For the safety of spectators and to facilitate traffic arrangements for the event, these lanes and roads will be closed to all vehicular traffic during the stipulated periods:
On Dec 31, from 6pm to 11:.0pm and Jan 1, 1.30am to 2am:
1. Extreme left lane of Raffles Avenue (between Temasek Avenue and Esplanade Drive)
2. Extreme right lane of Raffles Avenue (between lamp post 18F and lamp post 24F)
3. Extreme left lane of Fullerton Road in the direction of Collyer Quay
4. Extreme left lane of Collyer Quay in the direction of Raffles Quay
5. Extreme left lane of Raffles Quay (between Collyer Quay and Marina Boulevard)
On Dec 31, from 9pm to 10pm and Jan 1, 1am to 2am:
1. Extreme left lane of Marina Boulevard in the direction of Bayfront Avenue (between Raffles Quay and Bayfront Avenue)
On Dec 31, from 10pm to Jan 1, 1am:
1. Marina Boulevard
2. Extreme left lane of Marina Way in the direction of Marina Boulevard
On Dec 31, from 11.30pm to Jan 1, 1.30am:
1. Raffles Avenue (between Temasek Avenue and Esplanade Drive)
2. Two right lanes of Raffles Boulevard in the direction of Raffles Avenue (between Temasek Avenue and Raffles Avenue)
3. Esplanade Drive
4. Fullerton Road
5. Collyer Quay
6. Raffles Quay (between Collyer Quay and Marina Boulevard)
7. Bayfront Avenue (between Raffles Avenue and lamp post 34F)
8. The carriageway of Temasek Avenue in the direction of Temasek Boulevard
9. Raffles Link
10. Connaught Drive
11. Fullerton Square
12. Battery Road
13. Flint Street
14. Bonham Street
15. D'Almeida Street
16. Malacca Street
17. De Souza Street
18. Extreme left lane of Finlayson Green
Traffic will also be reversed at the carriageway of Temasek Avenue in the direction of Bayfront Avenue (between Raffles Boulevard and Raffles Avenue) from Dec 31, 11.30pm to Jan 1, 1.30am.
Auxiliary police officers will be stationed at the affected road junctions to aid motorists.
Parking along the ECP is prohibited; any obstructing vehicles will be towed away.
Due to anticipated large crowds tonight, the Singapore Police Force is advising members of the public to take note of the following safety and security arrangements.
Bags and personal items may be subjected to checks. The public is advised to cooperate with the police should checks be conducted. If you come across any suspicious items or persons, immediately notify the nearest police or auxiliary police officers.
To prevent overcrowding, auxiliary police officers will be regulating the number of people entering the Pomontory, One Fullerton/Merlion Park, Esplanade Park, Esplanade Waterfront Promenade, Marina Bay Sangs Promenade and other areas within the vicinity of Marina Bay.
In the event of overcrowding, trains may bypass stations to alleviate congestion.
The footway along the Esplanade is to be used for transit only; pedestrians will not be allowed to congregate on the bridge. The footway along Benjamin Sheares Bridge will be closed to pedestrians from 6pm on Dec 31, 2014 to 1am on Jan 1, 2015.
The public is advised to exercise tolerance, to cooperate with and to follow the instructions of the police during dispersal. Crowd control barricades and directional signs will be put up to facilitate safe and orderly crowd dispersal.
The following precautions can help minimise the risk of crime:
- Look after your belongings at all times.
- Be cautious of strangers when approached.
- Stay close to your friends or move around in groups.
- Avoid contact with unruly crowds.
The public is also reminded to be considerate to others while celebrating the festivities in public areas, and to avoid doing anything that may cause annoyance or compromise the safety of others.
Failure to comply may result in police action.
Members of the public can approach the police officers for assistance if they are confronted, dial '999', or make a report at the nearest police station.
For more information, members of the public may contact the event hotline at 68288377 or visit the Marina Bay Singapore Countdown 2015 website at www.marinabaycountdown.sg