Ten-month-old baby dies after swallowing 3cm screw

 Ten-month-old baby dies after swallowing 3cm screw
Tragic day: Curious onlookers gathering near the babysitter’s flat in Kajang where the tragedy happened.

A 10-month-old baby died after he swallowed a screw, reported Berita Harian and Utusan Malaysia.

Muhamad Hanif Khairi Abdul Nasser was unconscious for six days before dying at the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital in Alor Setar.

He was with his mother when the incident occurred in their home.

"I didn't realise that he had opened a drawer, taken the screw and put it in his mouth," said Morshida Abdullah, 39.

The 3cm-long screw got lodged in his throat. It was removed at the hospital but Muhamad Hanif was already in a coma by then, according to the reports.

Report compiled by Ng Si Hooi and Christine Cheah

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.