SINGAPORE - Archbishop William Goh of the Catholic Church in Singapore, Sikh Advisory Board chairman Surjit Singh, and retired Supreme Court judge Lai Siu Chiu will come on board the council, which is chaired by retired Supreme Court judge Goh Joon Seng. Mr Goh also sits on the Council of Presidential Advisors.
Get the full story from The Straits Times.
Here is the statement from the President's Office:
The Presidential Council for Religious Harmony starts a new three-year term from September 15, 2014. The Chairman and members of the Council are:
Mr Goh Joon Seng, Retired Supreme Court judge, Member of the Council of Presidential Advisers
- Venerable Seck Kwang Phing, President, Singapore Buddhist Federation (Buddhism)
- Mr Rajendran s/o Sinnathamby, Former Chairman, Hindu Endowments Board (Hindusim)
- Dr Mohamed Fatris Bakaram, Mufti of Singapore (Islam)
- Mr Lim Khay Tham, General Secretary, National Council of Churches of Singapore (Protestant Christianity)
- Associate Professor Lee Cheuk Yin, Academic adviser to the Taoist Federation and Taoist Mission (Taoism)
- Mr Wee Heng Tin, Retired Director-General of Education
Newly appointed members
- His Grace Archbishop William Goh, Archbishop of Catholic Church in Singapore (Catholicism)
- Mr Surjit Singh s/o Wazir Singh, Chairman, Sikh Advisory Board (Sikhism)
- Ms Lai Siu Chiu, retired Supreme Court judge