PETALING JAYA - Snatch theft victim B. Saravanan is standing firm on his testimony that two policemen were involved in two instances of snatch theft near Taman Mayang, even as police investigations are ongoing.
The 27-year-old lorry driver insists that he correctly identified the two suspected snatch thieves.
"I fought them off and they threw stones directly at me. I don't think I can easily forget an incident like that," said Saravanan yesterday.
He had earlier pointed the suspects out during an identification parade held four days after the July 3 incident.
Meanwhile, Petaling Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Arjunaidi Mohamed said there were still some "technical problems" with the identification parade where the complainant had pointed out the two policemen.
He said police were investigating the case from several angles to get a clearer picture of the incident, and have already recorded statements from more than 10 witnesses.
"The motorcycle involved did belong to one of the constables and had a fake number plate, but the policeman claims he had sold the machine to another person.
"We are investigating his claims as well," he told a press conference at the Petaling Jaya police headquarters yesterday.