Warehouse chaos: Woman searches in vain for package for 8 hours

Warehouse chaos: Woman searches in vain for package for 8 hours
Dragonlink warehouse was overflowing with boxes of undelivered orders.

For two weeks, she waited patiently for her order to arrive.

But last Tuesday, a few days before an important event, she became desperate as she had yet to receive the outfits she ordered.

So the housewife, who wanted to be known only as Ms Lee, 45, called the supplier in China, only to be told that her items had been delivered to a warehouse in Singapore.

She went to the warehouse, owned by Dragonlink, at MacPherson Industrial Complex and was greeted by a shocking sight.

"I saw mountains of boxes of orders waiting to be delivered. Some of them were even spilling out of the warehouse," she said.

Then came another shock: she had to dig through the huge piles to search for her package.

The warehouse operations manager, Mr James Lee, 60, said this was the first time such a situation has happened.

Since Oct 17, the company has received more packages from China daily than it could deliver. Customers such as Ms Lee are not happy.

She told The New Paper that she had ordered two sets of clothes costing about $200 from China's top online marketplace Taobao on Oct 15.

She needed them for an event over the weekend and had paid about $20 for the items to be air-freighted.

"It should have taken about three to five days for the items to reach me. When two weeks went by, I became desperate as I really needed the outfits," she said.

When the supplier in China told her that the items had been sent to Dragonlink, she contacted the Singapore company and was told that she would have to collect the item from its warehouse.


"My husband drove me there at about 3pm on Tuesday and I told him to wait in the car as I thought it would be a quick collection," she said.

But she ended up spending eight hours rummaging through hundreds of boxes.

"Imagine standing up and bending down for eight hours. The clothes of some other customers were soaked with sweat," said Ms Lee, who struggled with the bigger boxes because of her small frame.

"I dug and dug until my hands were dirty. I probably went through some boxes more than once because the place was very messy, but I still couldn't find my package."

At about 11pm, she went home empty-handed.

"The employees said that they would look for my package and told me to go home," she said.

"But when I returned the next day, they said they had not found my stuff. I was angry and frustrated and told them I needed the items urgently."

They eventually found her package - after another six hours of rummaging.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.



Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.